Try these Savory French toast and avocado sandwich recipe to bring a little taste of Paris to your breakfast table.
How to make the Savory French Toast and Avocado Sandwich
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 avocado
- ½ lemon, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup Gruyère cheese,
- shredded sea salt to taste
- hot sauce, optional.
- Toast both slices of bread until golden brown.
- With a serrated knife, cut each piece of bread into four thin slices.
- You should have eight slices total (pictured below).
- Crack your egg into a bowl and scramble together with the cheese, milk and pinch of salt.
- Dip your bread slices into the egg batter, coating both sides.
- Heat your frying pan to medium high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove bread from the egg mixture and place into frying pan.
- Continue until all slices of bread are in the pan.
- Cook until a nice crisp golden brown, then flip, and cook the other side.
- Slice the avocado in half and seed. Using the avocado skin as a bowl, combine the avocado, lemon juice, a pinch of sea salt and a drop of hot sauce and mash together with a fork.
- Spread a teaspoon of the avocado mixture onto one piece of the toasted-egg bread and lay another piece of the bread on top. Repeat.
- You should have 4 sandwiches total.
For those of you who love French toast, this Savory French Toast Recipe will make your mouth water. You can also use it as a sandwich. Try and let us know in comments if you like it or not!