These teeny tiny roasted potatoes are just the right size for popping in your mouth. I like to serve them as an appetizer with some roasted garlic cloves and a sun-dried tomato pesto spread for dipping. A word of warning though, your party guests may say they are too cute too eat! Roasted Potatoes with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto a easy recipe for you to try. Recipe below.
Roasted Potatoes with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 16 oz teeny tiny potatoes (from Trader Joe’s)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 sun-dried tomato halves
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fat free ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons jarred sweet roasted red peppers with 1 tablespoon of the liquid
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1. Clean the potatoes and dry them well.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3. Place the potatoes and garlic cloves in a bowl. Toss with the olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper until well coated. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- 4. Roast in the oven, until golden on the outside and cooked through on the inside, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- 5. Season as necessary. If the outer layer of the garlic cloves don’t fall off on their own while cooking, remove the skin after they have cooled.
- 1. Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and let soak until soft, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Transfer the tomatoes to a food processor. Add the ricotta cheese, Parmesan, fresh basil, olive oil, sweet red peppers and a tablespoon or so of the liquid from the roasted red pepper jar, the toasted pine nuts and salt. Pulse a few times in the processor. Add a few tablespoons of the soaking liquid from the sun tomatoes until you have your desired consistency. Pulse a few more times and process until smooth.
Leave a Reply