I have been wanting to make this Grilled Branzino Recipe for a long time now. The difficult part was finding the appropriate branzino for the recipe. My spouse discovered a healthy fat branzino while shopping the other day, so we had a party with our visitors the next night to sample it.
So, the guests loved it, and I plan to make it again in the future.
Branzino is a delicate fish that takes a lot of care when it comes to preparing it. That's why this grilled Branzino recipe is perfect for those who want to skillfully prepare a delicious and nutritious meal. With its delicate flesh and flavour profile, branzino is definitely a dish you don't want to miss out on. If you're looking for a quick and easy meal that will impress your guests, give this grilled Branzino recipe a try!
What is Branzino fish ?
Branzino fish is a white-fleshed salt water fish with smooth scales and a moderately long body. It is common in the Mediterranean and Atlantic oceans.
Grilled Branzino Recipe
- 4 Branzino’s 1-2 lbs. each, scaled and gutted
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 24 kalamata olives, pitted
- 24 green olives, pitted
- 2 sweet onions sliced into rings, grilled, and reserved
- 10 fingerling potatoes, par cooked and reserved
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- ½ Cup feta cheese
- 2 lemons
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Tb. dry oregano
- 1 Tb each of fresh chopped parsley, basil, and dill.
- Pre-heat a grill to med-high. Paint fish with EVOO season with salt and pepper, and place on the grill. Char on each side for approx 8 min.
- For warm salad, in a large heavy-bottomed pan add 2 Tb. EVOO and heat through. Brown garlic and potatoes. Then, add tomatoes, olives, onion rings, dry oregano, and feta cheese.
- Transfer to a serving platter and place the fish on top of the warm salad. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top, then drizzle with EVOO, and sprinkle with fresh herbs
We hope you enjoyed this blog post on how to make grilled branzino! This is a delicious and easy recipe that anyone can follow, so don't hesitate to give it a try! If you have any questions or comments, please let us know in the comments below. We would love to hear from you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you eat the skin on branzino?
The taste of the branzino is in the skin 🙂 . If you cook the fish properly then you can definitely eat the skin on branzino.
How do you prepare branzino?
Find the opening in the bottom of the fish and slowly cut along the belly until you reach the tip of the collarbone. Then you want to disconnect the collarbone from the head by simply snipping the tip of the collarbone. Cut the membrane from the collar bone and disconnect the gills. Pull out the gills in direction of the tail. Give a good rinse and your branzino is ready for grilling or cooking.
How do you eat grilled branzino?
The back of the head has the most tastiest meat so don't miss it. Lift the backbone from the tail to head.
Is branzino a healthy fish?
Yes its one of the healthiest fish loaded with omega 3 fatty acids, proteins and selenium.