Are you craving a delicious and crispy snack? Look no further than Khasta Dal Kachori! This traditional Indian dish is made with a flaky pastry filled with a spicy lentil mixture. Whether you're hosting a party or simply want to treat yourself, this Khasta Dal Kachori recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. In this blog post, we'll walk you through the step-by-step process of making these mouthwatering snacks at home. So, get ready to impress your friends and family with this irresistible recipe!
Kachori is a popular Indian snack, which is basically a stuffed puff pastry. Dal or lentils are used as stuffing for the famous Indian kachori recipe. In India green or white lentils are used for stuffing for kachaudi. Kachori, kachoudi or kachauri are very popular especially in Rajasthn and Uttar Pradesh, but in every part of India you can find a different variant of special dal kachori recipe.
Kachori can have stuffing made either of green lentils, white lentils, coconut, green peas or khoa, which is similar to ricotta cheese. Kachori is made in both sweet and savory flavors. Generally special dal kachori recipe is served with coriander chutney or tamarind sauce. Urad dal khasta kachauri recipe is served piping hot but it tastes delicious at room temperature as well. Famous Indian kachori recipe is “khasta” from outside, which means it is flakey and crispy from outside and soft and flavourful from inside.
Learn how to make dal kachodi from here and you can enjoy this popular Rajasthani kachori recipe as a starter, tea time snack. If you want lots of appraisals from your friends and relatives then make special dal kachori recipe at home on special occasions. White lentils or Urad dal khasta kachauri recipe ingredients are easily available at home and it is very simple to make special dal kachori recipe at home. You can also store urad dal khasta kachaur in an air tight container for a few days and when you want to serve it you can reheat it in oven or a few minutes and enjoy at anytime.
Popular rajasthani kachori recipe is a deep fried snack, which is puffed, crispy and hollow, because the filling sticks to the puff pastry. When you make special dal kachori recipe always fry it on a very sow flame, so that the pasty can be nicely cooked from inside and become puffed.
Khasta Dal Kachori
Let us learn how to make dal kachodi at home and impress everyone with your cooking! Below are ingredients and khasta kachori full recipe:
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes. Cooking Time: 30 minutes. Servings: 4
Ingredients to make Khasta Dal Kachori:
- Boiled white lentils (urad dal): 2 cups.
- Gram flour: 1 ½ cups.
- Oil: 4 tablespoons + 4 table spoons + for frying.
- Chopped green chili: 2.
- Salt: to taste.
- Red chili powder: 2 teaspoons.
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon.
- Garam masala: 1 teaspoon.
- Fennel: 1 teaspoon.
- Garlic paste: 1 teaspoon.
- Dry mango powder: 1 teaspoon.
- Asafetida: 2 3 pinches.
- Chopped coriander: a few leaves.
- Water: to knead the dough.
- Oil: 4 tablespoons
- Carom seeds: 1 teaspoon.
- All purpose flour: 4 cups.
Method to make Khasta Dal Kachori:
- In a pan heat 4 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add asafetida and boiled urad dal or white lentils. Cook lentil for a while boil the lentils before cooking Cook the lentils for 1 minute.
- Now slowly add gram flour and mix softly. Gram flour is very necessary to make special dal kachori recipe, as it acts as binding agent for the stuffing.
- Add gram flour in lentil and cook well
- Cook this mixture for 2 minutes.
- Now add chili, coriander, red chili powder, turmeric, salt, garam masala, dry mango powder fennel and mix nicely.
- Add spices, chili, coriander to the lentil mixture
- Cook for another 1 minute. Now let the mixture cool down. Make small balls of this mixture and keep aside.
1. In a bowl take flour, salt and carom seeds.
2. Add oil and mix with your fingers. Add oil and seasoning to flour and knead dough. Now add water and knead dough.
- Make a small ball out of the dough. Flat he ball with a rolling pin. Put a ball of stuffing on the dough and take all the sides of the flatted dough, seal the sides.
- Put stuffing n the rolled dough. Now flat the kachori a little by pressing it in between your palms.
- Stuff the lentil mixture and press the kachori a little. Heat the oil for deep frying. Turn the flame slow and fry 2 or 3 kachoris at a time.
- Fry kachori at low flame. Serve hot with tamarind sauce or coriander chutney.
- Serve kachoris hot with chutney
Expert’s Tip(s) to make Khasta Dal Kachori:
1. Always fry kachori on slow flame. 2. Put the kachori in the frying pan slowly and keep the folded side down, so the stuffing does not come out, while frying.
There you have it, a delicious and crispy Khasta Dal Kachori recipe that is sure to impress your family and friends. This savory snack is perfect for any occasion and can be enjoyed with a cup of tea or as a side dish. The combination of the flavorful filling and the flaky crust is simply irresistible. So why not give this recipe a try and let us know in the comments how it turned out for you? We would love to hear your feedback and see your creations! Happy cooking!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the other name for kachori?
Guna's wholesome dish, kachori, is typically consumed for breakfast. In the Malwa region, Guna's Kachouri is well-known; other names for it include Kachudi Kachuri and fried dumpling. This spicy snack is widely available in eateries and lodging establishments.
Which city is famous for kachori?
Rajasthan's Kota Kachori is arguably the most well-known kachori in the region. Another popular dish is Pyaaj Kachori, or onion kachori. The Mawa Kachori, created by the late Rawat Deora, is an additional type of kachori found in Jodhpur. It's a dessert that has been covered in syrup.
Which snack is called the king of all kachori?
Because it is a royal, opulent dish, Raj kachori is rightly referred to as the king of all kachoris or a king-sized kachori.