Vegetarian Spring Rolls are a versatile and healthy appetizer that can be enjoyed at any time of the year. In this recipe, you'll learn how to make a variety of vegetarian spring rolls that will be perfect for any occasion. From easy to make to elegant to delicious, these rolls will be a hit with your guests!
Spring rolls are my favorite all the time. And my husband loves it too. Here is an easy recipe of vegetarian Spring rolls you can try.
Vegetarian Spring Rolls
- Thai-style peanut sauce
- ½ cup warm water (I used a lot less, about ¼ cup)
- 11/2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 11/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili paste (spicy or sweet, as preferred)
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped (I just used minced garlic)
- Vegetarian Spring Rolls
- 11/4 cups dry rice vermicelli (thin rice noodles), or enough to yield 1 cup cooked
- 11/4 cups shredded carrot
- 11/4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 15 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup peanuts, crushed (I really like peanuts, so I used about ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 11/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (I used a bit more)
- 30 (8-inch) round spring roll wrappers (made from rice or tapioca)
1. To make the sauce, combine the water and sugar in a small bowl, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients, whisking until smooth and well blended. Set aside and serve at room temperature.
2. To make the rolls, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the rice noodles. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and opaque. Drain and rinse under cold water for 30 seconds; drain again. Cut into 1-inch lengths and transfer to a large bowl.
3. To make the filling, add all of the remaining spring roll ingredients except the wrappers to the noodles and mix well.
4. Prepare a bowl of warm water large enough to dip the rice papers. Working with one at a time, dip the rice paper in the warm water until it begins to soften. 8 to 10 seconds. Transfer to a flat work surface (I used a large baking sheet covered in wax paper). Working quickly, put about ¼ cup filling on each wrapper.
5.Fold the bottom of the wrapper up over the filling and then fold each side toward the center. Roll from the bottom to the top of each roll, as tightly as you can without ripping the wrapper. (Since they are so delicate and break easily, I used two wrappers for each spring roll, so after I roll the filling in one wrapper, I wrap it again with a second wrapper).
6.Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling. Serve at room temperature with the peanut dipping sauce.
The soft, juicy and delicious Vegetarian Spring rolls can be prepared in minutes. And they are so healthy too! These rolls will make you forget all about the conventional versions.
To make it a complete meal, pair them with some dips like mint coriander chutney or creamy mango salsa. And don’t forget to top them off with some pickled vegetables for that extra taste!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are vegetarian spring rolls made of?
In order to make a spring roll, vegetables are placed in the centre of a pastry sheet, which is then rolled and fried. For the stuffing, spring vegetables including cabbage, spring onions, and carrots are used. Since traditionally they were made during the spring festival with spring vegetables, they are known as spring rolls.
Are spring rolls usually vegetarian?
the capacity to read fast with understanding is a vital skill, which once acquired may be a source of tremendous satisfaction and continuing learning until maturity.
What is special about spring rolls?
The paper-thin wrapper of spring rolls is made of flour and water. This crisp wrapper is so thin that it will shatter at the touch. These wrappers are filled with some combination of pork, shrimp, beans sprouts, and cabbage, and then fried.
Leave a Reply