Calling all french fry lovers and spice enthusiasts! Get ready to take your taste buds on a fiery adventure with these mouthwatering Garlic Chili French Fries. Whether you're looking for a delicious snack to enjoy on game day or a unique side dish to impress your guests, these fries are sure to hit the spot. In this blog post, we'll share our secret recipe for perfectly crispy fries tossed in a zesty blend of garlic and chili spices. Get ready to level up your fry game and add some heat to your next meal!
I believe potatoes should be declared as king of the vegetables!!! Don’t you think so? Well who does not love piping hot crispy potato fries. Even its aroma is mouthwatering. Here is a special recipe of French fries. Yes it is special because these are homemade french fries, this is not the only reason, these crispy fries have flavours of oregano, chili and garlic.
I would like to mention that it is my aunt’s recipe. She is a passionate cook. She always prepares this crispy fries recipe and keeps in her fridge without frying. It helps a lot when you have unexpected guests at home.
In parties or get-togethers starters are so important. Here I am really excited to share this delicious French fries recipe with you all. This is not the usual boring salted fries. I have added flavours of herbs and garlic to make the traditional fries more interesting. Who does not love potato fries and we all have our preparation method, but here I have shared the secret of making crispy, restaurant like potato fries recipe.
For making these garlic French fries I have first parboiled the potatoes, which is important so that potatoes are fried nicely later on. I have mentioned that these potatoes have different flavours. To add these flavours I have marinated the parboiled potatoes. The next step is to keep the marinated potatoes in refrigerator before frying. You can sprinkle some parmesan on it before serving. Prepare this spicy potato fries recipe and serve with cheesy dips or simply with tomato ketchup.
Garlic Chili French Fries
Preparation Time: 1 hour. Cooking Time: 15 minutes. Servings: 2.
Ingredients to Make Garlic Chili French Fries:
- Potato: 3 (Large).
- Corn flour: 2 tablespoons.
- Dried Oregano: 1 teaspoon.
- Chili Flakes: 1 teaspoon.
- White (or Black) Pepper: to taste.
- Salt: to taste.
- Garlic Powder: 2 teaspoons (or add 3-4 crushed Garlic cloves).
- Oil: for deep frying.
Method to Make Garlic Chili French Fries:
1. Wash and peel potatoes.
2. cut the potatoes lengthwise about 2 cm thick. Peel and cut potatoes. 3. Parboil the potatoes. To parboil the potatoes add them in boiling water and cook till they start becoming soft but are not perfectly cooked. Parboil potatoes 4. Drain water and shift the potatoes into a large bowl.
5. When the potatoes are hot add salt, freshly grounded black or white pepper, rushed and dried oregano, chili flakes and garlic powder. If you do not have garlic powder then peel and crush garlic cloves and add to potatoes.
6. Mix well and add corn flour. Corn flour will make the chili garlic French fries crispy. Add seasoning. 7. Now let the potatoes cool down to room temperature.
8. Pack the marinated potatoes in zip lock bag and keep in refrigerator for about 45 minutes to 2 hours. potatoes will absorb marinate.
9. Heat oil for deep frying.
10. Take out potatoes out of the fridge and fry till they are perfectly cooked.
11. Serve hot with sauce or dips.
Expert’s Tips to Make Chili Garlic French Fries:
- You can keep marinated potato fries in fridge in zip lock bag for 15-20 days and fry whenever you want to have it.
- Take out potato fries from fridge and immediately fry do not keep them outside for long time.
- Do not fry too many chili garlic potato fries at a time.
- You can also grate some Parmesan cheese on he top of these French fries when they are hot.
Garlic chili french fries are a delicious and flavorful twist on a classic snack. The combination of garlic and chili adds a punch of flavor that takes these fries to the next level. Whether you're enjoying them as a side dish or a tasty snack, these fries are sure to satisfy your cravings. If you try out this recipe, we would love to hear your thoughts! Let us know in the comments how they turned out for you and any variations you made to make them your own. Happy cooking!
Why were they called French fries?
According to legend, American soldiers serving in Belgium during World War I came across this dish and named the delectable potatoes "French" fries because the language spoken there is French. In Utah, it's common to eat french fries dipped in ketchup and mayonnaise.
Do you have any tips for making crispy garlic chili french fries at home?
Here are some tips for making crispy garlic chili french fries at home:
Choose the right potato: Opt for starchy potatoes like Russet or Yukon Gold. They have a higher starch content, which gives that perfect crispy exterior.
Soak and dry: Slice your potatoes into thin strips and soak them in cold water for about 30 minutes. This helps remove excess starch and results in crispier fries. Remember to pat them dry before frying.
Double-fry method: For extra crispiness, try the double-fry method. Fry the potatoes at a lower temperature (around 325°F) until they are golden but not browned. Remove from oil, let them cool, then fry again at a higher temperature (around 375°F) until they turn golden brown and crispy.
Serve immediately: Enjoy your crispy garlic chili fries right away for maximum crunchiness!
Are there any health benefits to eating garlic chili french fries, or is it just a delicious indulgence?
While garlic chili french fries may be a delicious indulgence, they do offer some health benefits as well. Garlic is known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties, which can help boost your immune system. It also contains antioxidants that can reduce inflammation and lower the risk of certain diseases. Additionally, chili peppers contain capsaicin, which has been linked to increased metabolism and weight loss. However, it's important to note that these benefits may be outweighed by the negative effects of consuming fried foods regularly, such as increased risk of heart disease and obesity. So while garlic chili french fries can be enjoyed in moderation, it's best to prioritize a balanced and nutritious diet overall for optimal health.