Are you tired of the same old meat options for dinner? If so, it's time to give chickpea cutlets a try! These versatile and delicious plant-based cutlets are not only packed with flavor but also provide a healthy alternative to traditional meat dishes. In this blog post, we'll share an easy-to-follow recipe for chickpea cutlets that will have your taste buds singing. Whether you're a vegetarian, vegan, or simply looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household. So grab your apron and get ready to whip up a batch of these mouthwatering chickpea cutlets!
Chickpeas are rich in fiber, vitamins and iron. In Middle East and India it used in curries, salads and many more dishes. Here is one of the best starter recipes made with chickpeas. This easy chickpea cutlet recipe is a quick and tasty appetizer. This one of the best cutlet recipes for kids is perfect for parties and get together.
Crispy chole cutlets tastes best with curd and mint coriander chutney. Here is step by step snacks recipe, which can be followed by novice cooks also. Try this chickpea cutlets recipe at your home make it as starters or serve as party appetizers, this recipe will surely temp your taste buds.
Chickpea Cutlets Recipe
Let us have a look at the ingredients and recipe for crispy chole cutlets:
Preparation Time: 6 hours (for soaking chickpeas) + 15 minutes. Cooking Time: 15 minutes. Servings: 3-4 (makes 10 cutlets).
Ingredients or chickpea cutlets recipe
- Chickpea: 2 Cups.
- Breadcrumbs: ½ cup.
- Chopped Green Chili: 1.
- Chopped Onion: 1.
- Chopped Coriander: 2 Tablespoons.
- Lemon Juice: 1 Tablespoon.
- Maida or All Purpose Flour: 1 Cup.
- Red Chili Powder: 1 Teaspoon.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Teaspoon.
- Salt: To Taste.
- Oil: for deep Frying.
Method to Make Chickpea Cutlet:
- Soak chickpeas for 6-8 hours. Now Boil Chickpeas in pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes or till it becomes soft.
- Mash cooked chickpeas. In a bowl mash chickpeas. Add all the ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well. Make cutlets of desired shape out of this mixture.
- Make desired shape cutlets. Heat oil in a deep pan. Fry cutlets till it becomes golden brown. Sprinkle chaat masala (optional). Serve hot with curd and chutney.
- Serve hot crispy chole cutlets with mint coriander chutney or curd.
Expert’s tips to make Chickpea Cutlet:
1. Add a little flour at a time and mix well and only if required add more, else the cutlets may become dry.
2. You can also serve these cutlets in burger bun, with vegetables and sauce, it will make a unique burger, which you will love.
We hope you enjoy making and eating these delicious chickpea cutlets! They are a versatile and flavorful plant-based option that can be enjoyed in a variety of dishes. Whether you serve them on a bun as a burger, add them to salads, or enjoy them on their own with your favorite dipping sauce, these cutlets are sure to satisfy your cravings. Don't forget to let us know in the comments how they turned out for you and any creative ways you served them up! Happy cooking!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are chickpeas Fibre or protein?
Chickpeas, whether dried, frozen, or canned, can be blended into hummus, baked into bread, used to make falafel, blended into soups or stews, made into a hearty salad, or combined with pasta to create a satisfying, plant-based supper.
Are chickpeas Fibre or protein?
Chickpeas are a fantastic source of fiber, protein, and have a low GI, all of which contribute to healthy blood sugar regulation.
Is chickpeas protein or not?
Chickpeas have a high nutritional content but a low natural saturated fat content. In a ½-cup serving, they offer almost 20 grams of protein and 5 grams of dietary fiber. In addition, chickpeas provide phosphorus, iron, vitamin C, and folate.